There are loads of fun things that you can do as a Cub Scout with 1st Bernwood Forest Scout Group. We are out and about learning new skills like camping, backwoods cooking and firelighting.
We are involved in local community projects as well as challenging ourselves to try new activities, sports, exploring the outdoors through hikes and team events with our other packs. Our programme is driven by the ambitions of our cubs where they drive the programme planning.
Each year we run a couple of camps involving at least 2 nights way. This gives cubs the opportunity to apply what they have learned and grow in their independence. There is a huge number of badges that they can achieve encouraging them to challenge themselves and gain confidence. Whether overcoming a fear of heights with abseiling down a tower, or kayaking down the river Thames, they can achieve anything they set their minds to with the support of their leader and group.
We have three cub packs.
Eagles meet at Long Crendon HQ on Mondays at 6pm-7.30pm
- Cubs Leader: Jen Smith
- Cubs Assistant Leader: Peter Blatchford
- Cubs Assistant Leader: Leonie Blatchford
- Cubs Assistant Leader: Fintan Ryan
- Cubs Assistant Leader: George Hewitt
Falcon meet at Long Crendon HQ on Wednesdays at 6pm-7.30pm.
- Cubs Leader: Elaine Pickup
- Cubs Assistant Leader: Kyrlie Clement
- Cubs Assistant Leader: Jenny Hutt
- Cubs Assistant Leader: Mike Hutt
- Cubs Assistant Leader: Izzy Broadhead
Hawks meet at Dinton Village hall on Thursdays at 6.15pm-7.45pm.
- Cubs Leader: Emily Gray
- Cubs Assistant Leader: Simon Hawkes
- Regular Section Assistants: Suzi Rose, Louise Raynor, Gemma Brooks